I don't really watch TV, but I do watch a ton of YouTube channels. One of my favourite beauty girls to watch is Michele1218, first featured here in my "Favourite Channels" post. Michele is such a fabulous, realistic and accomplished young lady (and mom!) whose videos I watch religiously. She started talking about Sibu Beauty back in 2012, and I've had the brand on my mind ever since.
I recently purchased the classic Sea Buckthorn Oil ($15) at my local Loblaws since I was eager to see how it's healing properties compared to some of my favourite oils like grape seed and sweet almond oil. After following the brand's social channels in Canada, their PR team reached out and offered samples of the facial cleanser and hydrating serum for review. (Um, Thank you!)
|facial cleanser, hydrating serum, and sea buckthorn seed oil|
I've heard mostly positive things about all three products, most notably that they are gentle and
calming for sensitive skin. Here are my thoughts on each:
Sea Buckthorn Balancing Facial Cleanser >
- This lightly foaming facial cleanser has bio-degradable micro particles that gently exfoliate the skin with a fresh citrus scent (it reminds me of EmergenC!)
- I use this cleanser on my Clarisonic Cashmere Luxe brush at nighttime only, and my skin always feels very clean, and not dried out after use.
- I must admit that the pump nozzle often becomes clogged with dry cleanser between uses. That'll happen with most cleansers in a pump, but it's a bit of a bummer since I really like it otherwise. The opaque white bottle also makes it a bit difficult to see when you'll need to re-purchase.
Sea Buckthorn Hydrating Serum >
- I completely agree with the description: "This light, non-oily serum will flood your skin with moisture and deeply hydrate your face and neck to eliminate the tight, dry feeling caused by dehydration."
- Though this serum is not on the same level as something like Estée Lauder's Advanced Night Repair, I still find it to be a fantastic addition to my routine - it goes on after toner, and before moisturizer to brighten and improve skin tone
- The lightweight texture makes it ideal for a fresh morning pick-me-up in place of a thick moisturizer that could disrupt your makeup
Sea Buckthorn Seed Oil >
- "Use nightly to lighten skin tone, even out texture, diminish blemishes and age spots so you can regain your youthful appearance."
- This oil visibly reduced my inflammation and breakouts even from first use. It is anti-microbial, anti-bacterial, and skin repairing - use it to prevent scars, and to heal burns or cuts.
- I was a bit shocked by the scent - It is reminiscent of my Omega fish oil capsules, though the scent isn't fishy - just a bit off-putting. Rest assured that the scent does not stick around for long after rubbing it in.
|product descriptions and ingredients|
Sibu is widely known for their supplements that promote healthy hair, skin and nails. To see the full range, click here. Aside from in the Loblaws health food/organic section, I often see Sibu products at Winners and Marshalls. Just be sure to check the expiry date if you are purchasing these products at a discount store.