With Halloween just a few days away, I thought that this would be a great time to test out my new Revlon Colorstay eyeshadow palette in the shade Wild Sauvage. I immediately thought of a pretty pumpkin when I saw these shadow colours and decided to try something a bit out of my comfort zone.
|Revlon Colorstay Eyeshadow Palette in 587 Wild Sauvage|
Although this eye look is a bit weird, I really love how easy the colours are to work with without being super over-the-top.
Here's how I did it:
1. After applying my regular foundation and concealer, I primed my lids with NYX HD primer
2. I then applied shadow 2 (brown) on the entire lid with a clean finger
3. I put the orange shade 4 on the centre of the lid using a sponge applicator (included)
4. Using the same applicator, I applied the green shade 3 in through my crease and down onto my lower lash line
5. I placed a bit of the white shimmer 1 onto my inner corner with a finger. This shade is quite flaky and sparkly, so using a brush can cause a lot of fall-out
6. I then lined my upper lashes in black (you can see me tight lining in-between the lashes themselves in the photo)
7. After curling my lashes, I used my Estée Lauder Sumptuous Extreme mascara (which is just ok)
8. I also used my new Sephora Collection Brow Pencil in 03 Rich Chestnut to define my brows
9. For blush, I used the Revlon Powder Blush in 01 Oh Baby! Pink - the brush that comes inside is actually really nice! Super soft and the perfect width to apply colour to the apples and cheek bones
10. I finished up with a thin layer of Colorstay Moisture Stain Lipstick in 005 Parisian Passion
Et voilà ! I really like how my makeup turned out, and it lasted really well all day with minimal fading.
Happy (almost) Halloween!