It's October, it's autumn, it's snowing, and I'm ready for it!
Halloween is coming up soon so the buzz around costumes and parties has definitely begun. I haven't really been dressing up over the past few years, but this one will be different. Though I'm not completely set on a costume, I know that Hard Candy has got me covered for fun and affordable makeup no matter what look I choose.
They recently sent over an ahdorable bin of Halloween treats, and I dug into it right away. I decided to create a unicorn-party-princess type look, and I'm so happy with how the colours turned out. These products pack a punch, and the under $10 price tags from Walmart makes me quite happy.
Here's how I got the look...
1. After foundation, I applied the Eye Def Glitter Eyeshadow in Cold as Ice as a base. I love how this dries to metal-like finish, but it wasn't the easiest to blend powders over. I made sure to tap a bit more over the top with my finger once the look was done to get a vibrant metallic finish.
2. I used every colour from the Top Ten Eyeshadow palette in Pinking of You on my lid, in the crease, on my brow bone and even as my BLUSH! This gave a really pretty ethereal glow.
|I had to add some jewels, so I stuck them on using my Revlon lash glue|
3. To finish up the eyes, I used the Midnight Blue retractable liner from Marcelle and topped that off with Hard Candy's Walk the Line glitter liquid liner. This stuff rocks.
4. I threw on some individual lashes with my Revlon Precision Lash Adhesive and coated them with the 1000 Lashes Fiberized Lash Weave Mascara. The purple colour showed up great, so I even brushed some through my brows. I cleaned up under my eyes and concealed any spots with my Hard Candy Glamouflage concealer, first featured here.
5. For lips, I applied some Palmer's lip balm then coloured them in with the Take Me Out lip liner in Hot Tamale. The colour is very wearable, and the sharpener cap is super convenient. I used a bit of the Fierce Effects Lip Gloss in Plum Diva to darken it up, and added a swipe of Candy Baby over the centre to add a bit of dimension.
|Walk the Line Glitter liner, Eye Def Glitter Eyeshadow in Cold as Ice, Take me Out lip liner in Hot Tamale, Fierce Effects Daring Lip Gloss in Candy Baby and Plum Diva, Nail Color in Wild Child and Crush on Hot Pink|
I'm a big fan of how these Fierce Effects lip glosses aren't too sticky, but still last on the lips. They added some nice moisture to the dry-ish lip liner, and the fruity/minty taste isn't overpowering. The purple one is going to be really fun to wear this fall and winter.
If you're in the market for some fun polishes, definitely look at the Hard Candy selection. The bottles are very sleek, and the formula is easy to work with.
|Top Ten Eyeshadow Collection in Pinking of You|
Though I don't wear pinks and greys on my eyes every day, this Top Ten Eyeshadow Collection in Pinking of You is a good find. The colours can get a bit powdery, but their payoff is really nice. I actually almost bought the Top Ten Trendsetter palette in Birthday Suit a few weeks back, it's a sign! I should go back for it.
Happy Halloween! Stay warm, and I can't wait to see everyone's costumes and makeup.