Canadian pride is bigger now than ever before, and if the current economy isn't enough of an incentive to shop local, these hot new makeup bits surely are.
While perusing the cosmetics aisle at any Canadian drugstore, sister brands Marcelle and Annabelle are found to be slightly more luxe than the typical Covergirl, Maybelline and Revlon products alike. I've tried many of their best-sellers in the past, and I've never been disappointed.
Face of the day (#FOTD) featuring Marcelle & Annabelle (video tutorial below)...
|Monochromatic Pressed Powder in Medium to Dark, Monochromatic Blush in Pink Mademoiselle, Cream Blush in Pink Mademoiselle, Flawless Foundation in Buff Beige|
I received a very generous sampling of the Marcelle and Annabelle Fall 2015 collection back in August, and I finally got around to sufficiently testing the lot. Here are some highlights from Marcelle:
Flawless Foundation in Buff Beige $18 (on sale for $10 right now online)
- light, hydrating, and doesn't leave my skin feeling congested. This foundation provides a light-medium coverage
Monochromatic Pressed Powder in the shade Medium to Dark $20
- this face powder is a deep enough shade to work as a really natural bronzer
Monochromatic Blush in Pink Mademoiselle $16
- this blush is so silky, and I love using it to set the cream blush. the sheen is very flattering
Cream Blush in Pink Mademoiselle $16
- the pigmentation of this cream blush is insane! worn sheer, the finish is very natural
Their Xtension Plus Curl Mascara ($12) is very similar to the Benefit Roller Lash/Maybelline Lash Sensational that I reviewed here, with its curved brush and plastic bristles. These mascara wands fit the shape of my eye so well, and they leave my lashes looking full and fluttery. This is a great product for those with sensitive eyes and contact wearers.
2-in-1 Retractable Eyeliner in Midnight Blue $12
- Love the smudger tip on this liner, and there's even a little sharpener inside the end cap
Forever Sharp Eyeliner in Grape and Spruce Green $12
- So. Creamy. These forever sharp liners are automatically sharpened each time you twist on the cap
Nano Eyebrow Liner in Medium Brown $12
- This brow pencil has quickly replaced the Sephora Collection one that I had paid $16+ for. The spoolie end is key
The Marcelle lip products are some of my favourites, although the shade I wore in this tutorial (Cleopatra) is no longer available. For anyone who is cutting out gluten, Marcelle lippies are gluten-free!
Marcelle always has free shipping on orders over $50 online, and there are some awesome holiday gift sets in-store at Shoppers Drug Mart right now. Happy makeup-ing!